mary lockwood lampwork beads

mary lockwood lampwork beads
Click banner above to visit my site

Monday, February 1, 2010

Today is Jellyfish Day!!!

Because of my studio arrangement right now it is easier for me to keep my supplies organized and on-hand if I focus on one bead type for each torch session.  If you've noticed I had a day of mushrooms, then fish, then hearts; today is jellyfish day.  Makes me think of Spongebob--"Let's go jellyfishin'!"

These aren't going to be normal jellyfish beads though.  I've got some awesome IDEAS (aka future failures and obstacles to get over) that if I can get them to work will be something brand new from me.  I really really hope they turn out and that I get at least a couple pieces I can show.

Speaking of showing off good work, check out this guy that I found this morning.  I've been googly-eyed over paperweights for almost 10 years now, but of all the thousands I've seen- these are my all time favorite.  Man do I wish I could do glass like him, Mr. Gordon Smith: (scroll down a bit for the picture gallery)
http://www.gordonsmithstudios.com/Paperweights.htm

Well, I'm off to the torch.  Happy February!
~~Mary