mary lockwood lampwork beads

mary lockwood lampwork beads
Click banner above to visit my site

Friday, January 29, 2010

Hearts....that's funny.

I don't know what got into me yesterday but I just had a sudden urge to make hearts.  Big, hollow vessel hearts, little offhand ribbon hearts, all kinds of hearts.  I hardly ever make hearts...it must be valentine's day sneaking into my subconscious.

Here is a group shot of what I made.  I will be back with another post later about that big huge red hollow vessel.  The hole is too big for any of the corks that I have.  I don't want to make a glass stopper for it.  By the time I order a larger cork- I will have missed Valentine's day market so I think I'll be offering that one up as a free giveaway.  When I make the post, all you have to do is comment on the post and you will be entered to win it.  Then I'll draw a winner and send out the heart.  More details later.
These will all be up on etsy in about an hour...except the red vessel, of course.

On the home front- we got more snow as you can see from the background of the picture above.  That's my front porch.  I can honestly say that as much as I LOVE winter and snow- even I am getting a little sick of snow.  We had a mini-heat wave last week here.  It was warm and sunny and all the snow melted.  Then BAM...3 more inches over night.  The sun is shining so I will take that blessing and run with it. LOL  I moved all my houseplants into the bay window and they are happily using their chlorophyll and gorging themselves on sunlight.

On the business front-if you order from me you will notice a change in my packaging.  Before- I would ship all beads wrapped numerous times in bubble wrap, a piece of tissue and your invoice in a white poly bubble mailer.

Now- anything sculptural goes in a box.  Anything non fragile gets a bubble mailer BUT there is still a difference.  I've gone from the plastic mailers to white kraft  heavy-duty mailers and all purchases are packaged like little gifts to yourself.  Enjoy...I know I'm having fun packing up beads.  Feels like a birthday. ;-)

Have a great day...I'll be back again I'm sure.
~~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment