mary lockwood lampwork beads

mary lockwood lampwork beads
Click banner above to visit my site

Friday, February 21, 2014

Long time no see...

It's official. I suck at blogging. I think it's probably because I'm essentially blogging every day via Facebook. And Twitter. And my site. And Forums. Too much Mary all over the internet already. LOL

But, I should still probably do better than I actually do here. So here is a check in. :-) I'll try to keep it to stuff I haven't already posted elsewhere.

First, after over 10 years of resistance I'm finally becoming an ISGB member. I had my reasons and truth be told I'm still dragging my feet a bit but the dangling carrot called 'The Gathering' is becoming too much to resist. I want to go. It's that simple. I want to go and I have to be an ISGB member to get there, so that's it. Plus, my glassy friends are mostly members and they have enjoyed it. Anyway, I'm doing it. That's that.

Second, I updated my website today. I like it much better. It's not as hoity toity but I do think it looks more dynamic. I'm not hoity toity anyway so no sense in putting on airs. The serene sky blue with the black outlines and spotlights was artsy but this hot orange suits me better. ;-) It is what it is. Keepin' it real. www.marylockwood.com

Third, at the torch a few days ago I decided to revisit some designs that I haven't made in a LONG time. Like years. After the last 2.5 years of making dragons and really big sculptural beads that are constantly threatening to commit thermal suicide the whole time they are being made those old designs felt SO EASY. It was a joy to sit there and make frogs and little birds. I used to think they were SO HARD. I'd think about my torch time and try to decide how many frogs I thought I could handle that day. I'm pretty sure I could make about 20 of them now and be so relieved. LOL I felt like I was on vacation. Perspective I guess.

Fourth, the newsletter. I took a too-long hiatus from the newsletter but in a way that's a good thing. How much interesting can I possibly do? A break gives me time to actually have something new to say and offer. So, if you happen to read this blog (does anybody read this blog LOL), and you aren't already a subscriber, you might want to do that because a new issue is coming out within the next couple days. Just go to my website and click the newsletter tab in the menu. It's easy and fast. The free tutorial this time in on dichro.

Ok, that's enough for today!
Thank you for hanging with me.
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment