mary lockwood lampwork beads

mary lockwood lampwork beads
Click banner above to visit my site

Thursday, January 21, 2010

If you build it, they will come.

Apparently tweeting, facebook slamming, forum networking, flickring, etsying and having a website are no longer enough of a web presence.  I need a blog too.  OK, so now I have a blog.

I vowed my first blog post was not going to be lame.  So far I've been staring at the screen for five minutes trying to think of something that isn't lame.  Why is it so hard to find something about myself that will be interesting to other people?  I'm happy.  I'm busy.  I have plenty to eat, lots of yarn in my stash.  Glass out the wazoo.  Full tank of propane and a dog.  I'm not lame.

Speaking of Dog, I just snapped a picture of Riley this morning:

Riley is my new australian shepherd mix that I got from one of my husband's coworkers.  As a puppy, he had been running stray and was hit by a car.  My husband's coworkers trapped and caught him and have been looking for a forever home for him for months and he finally found it with US!  We love him to death and he is a great dog.  He has really helped me to transition into this quiet house since my youngest child started kindergarten this  year.  Now I'm not so lonely- Riley is a velcro dog and is constantly stuck to my side.

Another thing helping me pass the time, besides for my glass work of course, is knitting.  I've been knitting for years- but I am not a 'knitter'.  A knitter to me is someone who works yarn with ease, creating beautiful items and even designing their own.  What I do looks like I'm in misery.  I don't hold the needles right- but that is how I learned and I'm not interested in changing it. I knit really slow and really tight.  My mom said it is actually painful to watch me.  SO...nobody is ever allowed to see me knit. LOL  However, I do manage to produce some useful items for myself and family.  Here is my latest; a tea cosy knit with 100% cotton yarn following a pattern in Debbie Bliss magazine.



Oh, I also knitted the mat that is underneath the teapot but it is just a simple moss stitch placemat that I made to use as a hotmat for the dinner table.  So, technically I CAN knit- but I'm not a knitter.  Maybe someday. LOL

Well, I'm off to the neighbor's to teach her how to thread her vintage sewing machine.  I hope I know how to do it. LOL

~~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment